On this show a lot of new material which has come my way recently……
- Girl Peculiar – Destiny – (Single)- released last week – great new single from Jenny and co available from I Tunes/Amazon.
- Vinny Peculiar – My Generation (I said Goodbye) – Other People Like Me (Album) – fantastic new album from Vinny is out digitally on 4th July and as cd/vinyl on 12th September. His first album “Gone” (not Get Gone as I say on the show) can be downloaded free from the website.
- Black Lights – We Can Fly – In the Dark (EP) – play Manchester Academy on 9th July
- Kranius – Crucified (Single) – I’m not sure how many metal bands there are active in the city at the moment but Kranius are the front runners with a great sound. Check out their Bandcamp page for lots of older material. The gig I announced on the show on 23rd has now been put back to 29th and they are also on at the Crescent on 2nd July along with Not Above Evil. Soma Dark and one TBC.
- AAAK – Everything’s Real (Exclusive Demo) – Ding has sent me some new work which I will be featuring in a fortnight. The dynamic duo play The Bar Galleon, Blackpool on 22nd July and the next Helmets for Men at Islington Mill the following week. This is a great track that they put together a while back. Looking forward to seeing them live again.
- Periscope – The Sunshine House – the ever ebullient Mr Swinney has been extremely busy as the album draws towards its inevitable completion around Christmas time (approx) – this is a rather marvellous up tempo glorious celebration of stuff with a stunning bass riff
- Gods Gift – Another Government Day (Exclusive Track to Salford City Radio) – worth playing this again – excellent return for a great band.
- Vinny Peculiar – Artrockers – Other People Like Me (Album) – evoking the great times in mid 70s when Art Rock emerged in full force…..excellent song. Any song which mentions Cadbury’s Flake is ok with me.
- Magazine -I want your heart – Second Hand Daylight (Album) Given Vinny mentioned Howard in the previous song I thought I would play a classic from the ex denizen of Lower Broughton Road.
- The Blimp – Art Job (from the band) – do not play Ruby Lounge on 23rd June now as I announced, cancelled unfortunately, and I’m not sure about the Guzzlin’ Goose gig on 25th June – I suggest you check their Facebook page for updates. A remarkable track this from a remarkable band. All three of them are adopted Salfordians now. And it completes a nice little trilogy of arty tunes.
- Kranius – All The Same – Evilution (EP)
- Periscope – Ethereal (Pre-release)
- Black Lights – In the Dark – In the Dark (EP)
- Periscope – Quicksand (Pre-release)
To listen to the show click on the link below