Previewing the Salford Music Festival again this week with music from (bands in bold are playing the festival):
- Kill for Company – Pink Fluffy Dynamite – a new track from the dynamic duo
- Claw the Thin Ice – Comfort Zone – interesting change of direction from Ian Breen on this recent release
- Trojan Horse – And the lights went down – from the album……which you can now get for free from their bandcamp page
- Early Mojo – Dirt – Walkden’s finest from the Beergasm Demo – leave them a message on Facebook if you want a copy
- Mr Heart – Mr Heart – from the excellent “The Hide” release from last year which coincidentally Tamsin gave a me a Sneaky preview copy of at the main stage event of last years festival
- Sandells – Cockroaches – a new track from the titanic trio which moves from free jazz improv into kraut-motorik with amazing ease…..
- Neuron No – Limonchik – another trio demonstrating excellent musical dexterity
- Hot Vestry – Turn On – and yet another trio proving that the future of good music is secure….
- Positronik – The Bitch Knows Your Name – i’m incredibly biased about this lot as they are my chums, and I do their website for them, but I have to say this is very good indeed….another trio by the way…must be a trend
- AAAK – We Fall Alone – if you have not seen these live then do yourself a favour and catch them at the Salford Music Festival – they are duo mostly but sometimes a trio and rarely a quartet
- The Mang Mang Mangs – Side By Side – another track from a rather impressive duo – they are seeking live opportunities at the moment so if any promoters are interested please contact them…
- Girl Peculiar – Destiny – the last single and rather excellent it is too…..
- The Fall – No Bulbs – saw them do this at the International 2 in 1986 – typical of the Brix era with a focus on lead guitar lines and a punchy rhythm
To listen to the show click on the link below
Information about the bands playing at the festival can be found here