On this show forthcoming releases on the Kranky lable – some classic tunes and a range of new things….
- Stephen Hauschildt – Tragedy and Geometry – Tragedy and Geometry : to be released on Kranky Records on 14th November. Hauschildt is a member of Emeralds and this is his fourth solo release. Excellent example of modern electronica.
- Van Morrison – Jackie Wilson Said- Saint Dominic’s Preview : Van the Man’s most diverse album with some classic tracks including this one…1972
- Richie Barron – Help Somebody Lose The Blues – Rather have the green than the blues : Dr Tequila at his R&B best…..a live album is on the way over from Sacramento
- Comeg – Please save my rock and roll – Demo CD – have recorded seven albums all of which are downloadable from their site….I was rather taken with this tune
- Heinous Tarts – Pipe Dream – Compilation : reforming for one night only on September 30th to play Fibbers, York for charidee!!!!
- Firesuite – Stay – You’re An Ocean Deep, My Brother : nudged in my direction by Trojan Horse, and I’m glad they did… an excellent release available from Bandcamp.
- Smith Westerns – Weekend – Dye In Blonde : the difficult second album proves to be better than the first one…..
- Charalambides – Desecrate – Exile – out on Kranky on October 3rd- a fascinating album full of dark weirdness….
- Christina Vantzou – Homemade Mountain – No 1 : Out on Kranky on October 24th. A musician, composer and artist who studied at the Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore (1997-2001) and moved to Brussels in 2003 where she currently resides. Christina is known for her work with The Dead Texan as well as in a variety of creative mediums including video, drawing, and animation. After various collaborations and a short tenure as a touring member of Sparklehorse in the summer of 2007, Christina began composing the music for this album. She worked in isolation over a three year period using synthesizers, samples, and her voice. Then, a long distance collaboration with Minna Choi, director of Magik*Magik Orchestra transformed the sprawling 45 minute single track into a score for a 7 piece orchestra, resulting in a two day recording session with Magik*Magik at TIny Telephone studios in San Francisco. The album was finally mixed in Brussels with production assistance from Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie (Stars of the Lid).
- Sinepearl– Mysterious Affinity – The Dance of Affinity : the first release by swedish composer Bjorn Ekegren as Sinepearl…. a mix of meditative ambient and soundscape composition with an organic feel.
- Heinous Tarts – Said ‘Til It’s Dead – Compilation CD
- Nightingales – Idiot Strength – Pissed & Potless : a classic tracks from a band which should have gone on to world domination but didn’t quite make it that far
- Kin – Disaster Movie – Flickering – After I gave them a glorious epitath they come back for one more gig – this Thursday at Gullivers. A marvellous song from a superb album.
To listen click below