- Just got hold of the new album from Easter – called “Innocence Man” – utterly marvellous……it will be out in the Spring – stay tuned over the next few weeks to the Salford Music Scene Show to hear tracks…..they will be on in March at the Band on the Wall and at the Paradox Stage on Chapel Street on May. If you are missing Sonic Youth then have a listen to this band …… but please note they write better tunes. You can download their excellent “Damp Patch” at their site.
- Have received the new Mummy Short Arms single – rather bloody good, like all their stuff – also got a sneak preview of an album track (which is completely and utterly unsafe for radio play due to the number of times mo-fo is used in the tune – a pity it is excellent). “Silicone Dream” – the single – is out on 14th May 2012, and “Old Jack’s Windowless Playhouse” – the album – is out on 21st May 2012 – both on Flowers In The Dustbin records. If you have not heard this band yet then I recommend you do, as they are something special.
- I am becoming increasingly fond of The Centrals – they do seem to be able to write great tunes.
- Groovy new track in from the increasingly interesting English Mutts from up Moston way – it’s called “Jimmi Greenteeth”
- …..and their chum Mr D Cusick of Kit B has sent me a new wonderous piece of Surf Dub called “Hulmenoid” – he is after finding a drummer if anyone has a spare set of sticks doing nowt.
- Got sent the new single by a band from Birmingham called The Destroyers which is very good indeed – imagine Beirut mixed in with The Bonzo Dog Band with a touch of klezmer thrown into the mix.
- Got hold of the debut album by Breton it’s called “Other People’s Problems”- a FatCat release it was recorded at Recorded at the Sigur Ros Studios in Iceland – after a shaky opener it really settles down to be a fine piece of work. They are playing Islington Mill on March 29th 2012. You can download their EP “Blanket Rule” for free when you become their friend on Facebook.
- Tony T sent me some new Fall Fan Dave and Lap Top Dancers tracks – they appear to be from the new album…..as usual they are very good….