A bit of a departure for this weeks show ….. as you will note below…. for your aural pleasure I offer the following …..
- Kit B – Dogma I am God – which you will have noticed is a palindrome. The latest offering from Danny C, J Monty and co – and old Hidden Gem tune which has a new title and interesting backing vocals from the Montmeister (need to let them trousers out a bit young padowan…..)
- Fall Fan Dave and the Laptop Dancers – another taster from the forthcoming “Beat on the Moans” album – this is a wonderful piece of Bromwich logic in which he makes the point that Untattoed Ladies are now the rarity rather than the norm.
- Kingdom Lost – As Dawn Travels – from the debut album “Desire Lines” which is packed with great tunes……
- Robert Mitchell 3io – Alberto Balsam – yes I know its jazz and they aren’t from Salford but they are playing at the Band on the Wall in Manchester on Thursday and previewing the gig on the jazz show which will be on after the gig has finished would have been a tad silly. From “The Embrace” album – and an Aphex Twin tune to boot.
- Ambrose Akinmusire – Jaya – as above but in this instance the album is called “When the Heart Emerges Glistening” and Richard James has nowt to do with it. This guy is being touted as the new Miles Davis…..not sure about that but he is very good.
- Easter – Begin Again – another track from the very excellent “Innocence Man” album which is out soonish.
- One and A Zero – Pretty Please – impressive outfit from Salford/Manchester – www.oneandazero.com
- The Vow – Holy Roller – From the “For A Dreamer” album – more info at www.noexit-thevow.co.uk
- English Mutts – Someone’s Pinched God – another piece of class from the Mutts from Moston – new lad Martin takes the vocal chores from Stanley.
- The Centrals – Naughty Romance – very good this band and another great track – hoping to get them in for a session in the near future
- The Fall – a couple of classic cuts from Grotesque After The Gramme….catch them at the Frank Sidebottom thing on Saturday…..I guarantee they will sound nothing like this…..
And you can listen to it here…….