I dunno – you don’t see any new music for a couple of weeks and then a shed load appears all at once…….
- Moongoose – Organic Technology: Reaction Music II – debut album from the Liverpool based pioneers of all things electronic. More details of how to get it here – as with their predecessor releases (Footprints, Sihouettes and Shadows) this all rather marvellous – capturing the heart of motorik kraut rock and taking it on electronic explorations of layered sound. Andy Diagram, Pete Wylie, Ian Templeton, Carl Hunter and Steve Grimes perform cameo roles. Have only got a five track sampler (of a ten track album) but if the rest of it is like this it’s a must buy for lovers of electronic. Out on April 7th on thier own “Imprint of Quality” lable.
- Velocets – new band – a trio who used to be in other bands – dark manc pop rock balladeering in a post punk stylee – couple of tracks both of which are rather fine indeed – more info here
- Kodakid – band from Waterford with a good blues feel….
- So Shush – A Mirror Gaze – great new album from Carole and Ian….fourth album …..one of Salford’s great bands who seem to slip under the local radar but get international recognition….
- Opposite Sex – from New Zealand (a place of some serendipity due to the location of the mighty Farley who suggests tunes for the show) interesting and quirky indie pop of some merit – the album is out on 23rd April and I would recommend you give it a spin on Bandcamp
More tomorrow – need to go and drink beer and listen to Steve Doyle on SCR now…..