A variety of music this time around with tracks from the new Eberhard Weber album, a lot of fusion, some Gateway and some classic Coltrane…..listen here
- Optimystik Visionaries – Firedance – Optimistic Vision (2012) – another track from the debut album from the Stockport based jazz fusion band
- John Abercrombie – Sing Song – Gateway 2 (1978) the classic trio of Abercrombie, Holland and DeJohnette recorded in Olso in July 1977
- Chicago Odense Ensemble – Parallel Motions – Chicago Odense Ensemble (2012) an interesting collaboration between rock and jazz musicians featuring Rob Mazurek, Jeff Parker, Dan Bitney, Matt Lux, Brian Keigher, Jonas Munk, and Jakob Skøtt.
- Donald Byrd – The Emperor – Ethiopian Knights (1971) Donald mines the work of Sly Stone, James Brown and Miles Davis to create an acid jazz masterpiece from A&M Studios on 25th August 1971. Featuring Donald Byrd (tp) Thurman Green (tb) Harold Land (ts) Bobby Hutcherson (vib) Joe Sample (org) Bill Henderson III (el-p) Don Peake, Greg Poree (g) Wilton Felder (el-b) Ed Greene (d) and Bobbye Porter Hall (congas, tambourine)
- Optimystik Visionaries – Movimento – Optimistic Vision (2012)
- Fat Thumbs Ronnie – The Playhouse – Time To Shine (2012) Associated with the work of The Unity Sextet – Buddy Franco, Fats Young Jr., Cassius Farqhuar, Junior Oliver, Chuck Waldron and ‘Fat Thumbs’ Ronnie introduce the second chapter of their musical story. “Fat Thumbs Ronnie, piano wizard and master of synthesizers, already worked on a collection of his own compositions during the initial Unity Sextet album sessions, but only during this summer after the release of his band’s album was he ready to record. Needless to say, the whole Unity team was on the spot, joined by guest musicians Lukas Drinkwater on guitar and Charlie Hearnshaw on saxophone.”
- Eberhard Weber – Karlsruhe – Resume(2012) an album of , mostly unaccompanied, solo pieces recorded live between 1990-2007
- Weather Report – In A Silent Way/Waterfall – Live and Unreleased (2002) a 1978 recording of the classic Zawinul compositions.
- Eberhard Weber – Marburg – Resume (2012)
- John Abercrombie – Nexus – Gateway 2 (1978)
- Optimystic Visionaries – Sientalo – Optimistic Vision (2012)
- The Headhunters – M-Trane – Platinum (2011) back to form with their latest album.
- John Coltrane – Black Pearls – Black Pearls (1958) Featuring Donald Byrd (trumpet) and the Red Garland Trio — Garland (piano), Paul Chambers (bass), and Art Taylor (drums) — this is the same quintet that contributed to the “Lush Life” ,”The Believers” and ” The Last Trane”. This session would be their last together.