Week 7 of my A-Z of the less well known members of the jazz world has reached the letter “G”……………..
- Don Grolnick – Nothing Personal
- Jimmy Giuffre 3 – Sweet Song
- Kenny Garrett – The House That Nat Built
- Joe Gordon – A Song For Richard
- Dennis Gonzalez – Anthem For The Moment
- Grant Green – Stream Of Dreams
- Benny Golson – Modern Touch
- Bennie Green – Green Street
- Johnny Griffin – Rhythm-a-ning
The podcast can be streamed from here
- Weaver of Dreams (1990) – The first of his two CDs for Blue Note, featuring an all-star septet including the Brecker Brothers, Bob Mintzer, Dave Holland, Peter Erskine, and Barry Rogers.
- The Life Of A Trio : Sunday (1989) – The second night of the 1989 reunion in New York of the 1961-1962 Jimmy Giuffre 3 with pianist Paul Bley and bassist Steve Swallow.
- Songbook (1997) – Featuring his touring quartet — pianist Kenny Kirkland, drummer Jeff “Tain” Watts and bassist Nat Reeves
- Lookin’ Good (1961) Gordon with altoist Jimmy Woods, pianist Dick Whittington, bassist Jimmy Bond, and drummer Milt Turner.
- A Matter Of Blood (2009) with Curtis Clarke, the legendary Reggie Workman, and Michael T.A. Thompson.
- Street of Dreams (1964) – Grant Green’s second session with organist Larry Young, the album also includes drummer Elvin Jones and Bobby Hutcherson on vibes.
- Modern Touch (1958) – Golson’s second album as a leader with trumpeter Kenny Dorham, pianist Wynton Kelly, bassist Paul Chambers and drummer Max Roach.
- Mosaic Select (2003) – taken from the original 1958 release Back On The Scene and featuring Charlie Rouse.
- You Leave Me Breathless (1967) – Griffin in Copenhagen in 1967 with Kenny Drew, Nils Henning Osted Pedersen and Albert Heath