Old and new with more vocals than usual – listen here
||Sippin’ At Bells
||Complete Savoy and Dial Sessions
||Everybody’s Somebody’s Fool
||Love Come Take Me Again
||with Tony Scott Orchestra
Featured on this show……
- Benny Golson – Groves Groove – New Time New ‘Tet (2009) : Benny Golson: saxophone; Eddie Henderson: trumpet; Steve Davis: trombone; Mike LeDonne: piano; Buster Williams: bassist; Carl Allen: drums.
- Andrew Hill – Yesterday’s Tomorrow – Passing Ships (1969) – featuring performances recorded in 1969 but not released on the Blue Note label until 2003. The album features Hill with a large horn section performing seven original compositions. Andrew Hill – piano; Dizzy Reece, Woody Shaw – trumpet ; Joe Farrell – alto flute, English horn, bass clarinet, soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone ; Howard Johnson – bass clarinet, tuba; Robert Northern – french horn; Julian Priester – trombone; Ron Carter – bass; Lenny White – drums
- Donny McCaslin – Five Hands Down – Perpetual Motian (2010) : Donny McCaslin: tenor saxophone; Adam Benjamin: Fender Rhodes and piano ; Tim Lefebvre: electric bass; Antonio Sanchez: drums.
- Markus Stockhausen – Madhawi – Joyosa (2004) : Markus Stockhausen (trumpet, flugelhorn), Ferenc Snetberger (guitar), Arild Andersen (bass), Patrice Heral (drums, percussion)
- Julie La Montagne Trio featuring Donny McCaslin – Lost in the Cycle – What Now (2010) : Julie on the piano with Dave Watts on double bass and Richard Irwin on drums, with special guest: New York saxophonist Donny McCaslin. As a measure of its excellence, the album won the OPUS award 2010 (jazz creation of the year).
- Mats Eilerson – Birds Perspective – Sky Dive (2011) : Tore Brunborg: saxophones; Thomas T. Dahl: guitar; Alexi Tuomarila: piano, Fender Rhodes; Olavi Louhivouri: drums; Mats Eilertsen: double-bass.
- Nico Morelli – Tarante – Nico Morelli (2003) : Nico Morelli – piano; Marc Boronforsse – bass ; Stefano di Batistta – sax; Stephane Kerecki- bass – there are four drummers on the album and its not clear which one is playing on this.
- Donny McCaslin – Tanya – Soar (2006) – Donny McCaslin: tenor saxophone, flute, alto flute, vocals; Luciana Souza: vocals ; Ben Monder: guitar; Pernell Saturnino: percussion
- James Farm – Bijou – James Farm (2011) : formed in 2009, James Farm is an acoustic jazz quartet consisting of saxophonist Joshua Redman, pianist Aaron Parks, bassist Matt Penman, and drummer Eric Harland. These four free-thinking musicians all individually hold a stake in the future of jazz, and together form a group with a new take on song-based improvisation, a group that invites you to share in the navigation of their own musical future.
- Richie Barron & 3 Soul Brothers – Gold Country Blues – Freeway Lover (2011) : Richie Barron & “3-Soul-Bros.” Billy Noteman & Stewart Viets on Cdbaby NOW! Apparently I am required to down a glass of tequila at this point but as I have none in I will sip on a Gordon’s Gin instead.
To listen to the show click on the link below