Due to other commitments I have not got the time to write copious notes on this weeks offering – however links to the bands are provided where available:
- Factory Star – Away Dull Care – catch them for the last time this year at Gullivers on Oldham Street, Manchester this Thursday – supported by
- Rapid Pig – Aristonean – who have Tim Lyons of Sandells on bass for the aforementioned gig. I’m not sure this is the correct title for this tune but it’s close
- Inspiral Carpets – You’re Too Good For Me – new single and original singer back
- Orange Room – Noise and Confusion – from Liverpool
- Long Hat Pins – Tlcking Box – from Salford and more to come from this excellent solo artist who has sent me an album full of tunes
- The Ninth Watch – The Optimist – the second tune from this Manchester band
- Whipcord – Thistledown – from the new album, which is great
- Bob Dean – Forest of Fear – a Manchester based rock band who have just released a debut album “Volcanic Music” on iTunes and are looking to promote it across the UK. Its taken us just over 2 years to complete and they say they are extremely proud to now show the world their music. The sound of the album is best described in the title. We are based in Manchester but are an international mix of 2 Icelandic’s, 2 guys from the UK and a Californian
- Danny Short – A Question – from the new album which is excellent.
- Younger Dryes – Dynamo – based in Stockport and are currently working on new material. Will be playing more of them as they are very impressive….
- Orange Room – Coffee and Tea
- Bob Dean – Hide from the Pain
- Long Hat Pins – Ayramba
- The Fall – Blindness – from the last Peel Session
To listen click the link