ECM (Edition of Contemporary Music) record label was founded in Munich, in 1969 by Manfred Eicher. Best known for jazz music, ECM has released a wide variety of recordings, and the artists on the labels roster demonstrates with ease the capacity to blur the boundaries between genres.
ECM’s motto is “the Most Beautiful Sound Next to Silence,” as evidenced by the selection of recordings released by the label.
- Dave Holland Quintet – Serenade – Points of View
- Edward Vesala Sound and Fury – Caccaroo Boohoo – Invisible Storm
- Misha Alperin – Etude – North Story
- Michael Formanek – Jack’s Last Call – The Rub and Spare Change
- Andy Sheppard – Bing – Movements in Colour
- Colin Wallcott – Cloud Dance – Cloud Dance
- Gary Peacock, Paul Motian, Paul Bley – Set Up Set – Not Two, Not One
- Bennie Maupin – The Jewel in the Lotus – The Jewel in the Lotus