On this show – which you can listen to here……
This weeks show is pretty much a continuation of last weeks with many of the bands previously featured – however a big focus on Ektoise and related off-shot bands forms the core of the show, plus a new artist – Ben Whitehead. There’s the usual Farley Fumble and a new feature the Gibbo Nomination – both selections made by chums for material to include in the show…….so here we go again and you can listen to it here.…..
||We Missed Half The Night
||The Shoreline By Midnight
||Live at Beetle Bar
||Et Tu Bruce
||Dress Me Up In Bruises
||Hero and Leander
||Four Peg Wooden Unit
||Pukes of A Hot Cloister
||En La Lejania
||The Coke Authority
||The Finest Hour
||Travels in the Outland
||Kick to Kill
||West Coast Sick Line
||Whatever You Wanted
This show features a significant amount of newer material:
- Forgery Lit – Toffee Tears – came in through our unsigned page at http://www.salfordcityradio.org as did a lot of the bands on this show. Check out there Facebook page for both tracks but I play but unfortunately very little information at this stage. Impressed by this I have to say, a unique sound
- Mummy Short Arms – Cigarette Smuggling – along with Kill for Company, the new band of the year for me so far. This was their last release on Flowers in the Dustbin. The new single is later on in the show.
- Honey – Tang – Taste it and see – another great band from Scotland, I have been featuring this EP for the last few weeks, and rather fine it is to. A recent interview on the Southside Happenings blog fills you in on more details.
- Mike Bryant – Colours in the Rainbow – Urgency – you can download his EP for free from www.mikebryantmusic.co.uk/media.html where there is a lot more information about this guy who has a unique voice.
- Clara Engel – Lick My Fins – Secret Beasts – another singer with a unique approach – check out her extensive back catalogue here http://claraengel.bandcamp.com/
- Able Tasmans – The Klingon National Anthem – Store in a cool place – another Farley selection from New Zealand.
- Mummy Short Arms – Change – the new single which is out in September I believe, another example of how marvellous this band are.
- Sen Segur – Oswald – Pen Rhydd – another band that I have been featuring over the last few weeks – you can get their music from here http://recordiaucaegwyn.com/
- Forgery Lit – Sofia
- Mummy Short Arms – Where’s the Mortuary? – the other part of the new single
- Ektoise – Subquanta – Kiyomizu – impressive Australian band – check out their music here http://ektoise.bandcamp.com/
- Dave Graney – Night of the Wolverine 4 -Rock and Roll is Where I Hide – an abiding love for this man’s music requires that I play him once in a while. This is a remake of an older Coral Snakes tune on the latest album – details of where to purchase are here http://www.thedavegraneyshow.com/General/swag007.htm – he also has a book out which I must track down.
To listen to the show click the link below
On this show we are celebrating the single launches for Salford’s very own record lable SWAYS – (and there is a great downloadable mix-tape on the site which is well worth a listen) – with tunes from Emperor Zero, Irk the River and The Louche FC. In between a couple of tunes from Dave Stephens brand new album “Time Will Tell”, and new music from Ryko Saints, Bare in the Woods, Shy and the Fight, and The Portlands, plus album tracks from Braids, Ducktails, and Ektoise.
And as a tearful fairwell to KIN who is off to the Netherlands a simply perfect track from the marvellous Dot Dot Dot EP.
You may wish to read more on these artists here….no time for the usual whittering from me this week as I’ve been rather busy…..
The Louche FC
Irk the River
Bare In the Woods
Shy and the Fight