I don’t tend to post stuff on both the Salford Music Website and this one as well, as that would be a bit redundant, but given this site gets a lot more people looking at it and I do feel the urge to share some of the excellent Salford based music with you I did feel the urge to let you see this on here, as it is rather spiffing.
I do recall playing a demo version of this on the old radio show some while back and rather enjoying it’s acerbic post–punkery and I have to say it’s kept its flavour well. It is by Emperor Zero who appeared to have strayed from my radar of late. Thanks to the xenochronous surprises that Facebook throws up it has been possible for me to access this.
It is their second single and was released on 14 February 2013. The song was recorded and produced by Marten Hurley and the video was filmed by Steven Cherry, all at the Führer Bunker.
Available to pre-order now on heavyweight 7” vinyl from the SWAYS store.
This release is dedicated to the playwright Sarah Kane whose 4.48 Psychosis inspired the lyrics to the song.
Here is the audio version with the previous single……
Firstly let me say that there is a fundamental error at the beginning of and at several other points some way into the show where I describe a gig at Islington Mill on Friday, what I meant to say was Thursday, it’s because I didn’t reverse the polarity of the neutron flow when I was putting the show together.
So to make it absolutely clear the Fucked Up/Kong gig is on Thursday not Friday!
Anyway on this weeks show more than a healthy selection of some of the excellent new music in the city at the moment including the very excellent new releases by Doctrines and Belle Vue, bits from our latest free download from Walkden’s finest The Souls, and more previews of the bands playing at the Mayfest event on May 21st.
Also I am pleased to note that bands have advised me that they have got bookings and promoter interest after being heard on the show…..that’s very gratifying the hear.
The play list for the show is…..
- Emperor Zero – Mental Health Cafe – Sways Mixtape
- Doctrines – Dirty Dirty Animals – O This Body Of Mine I Renounce You Your Style Is A Crime
- Belle Vue – Platform One – Belle Vue
- Kong – Blood of A Dove – courtesy of Tony T
- Fucked Up – The Other Shoe – courtesy of Tony T
- The Souls – Zulus – Salford City Radio Free Download
- The Souls – Lovers – Salford City Radio Free Download
- Well North of Watford – Tired of crying over you – direct from the artist
- Salford Media City – The Life and Death of Peter Sellers – direct from the band
- Positronik – Save it for me – direct from the band
- Kit B – A natural ending – direct from the band
- Fucked Up – David Comes to Life – courtesy of Tony T
- Kong – Leather Penny – courtesy of Tony T
- Belle Vue – I, The King – Belle Vue
- Emperor Zero – Berlin – Single
To listen to the show click on the link below
On this show we are celebrating the single launches for Salford’s very own record lable SWAYS – (and there is a great downloadable mix-tape on the site which is well worth a listen) – with tunes from Emperor Zero, Irk the River and The Louche FC. In between a couple of tunes from Dave Stephens brand new album “Time Will Tell”, and new music from Ryko Saints, Bare in the Woods, Shy and the Fight, and The Portlands, plus album tracks from Braids, Ducktails, and Ektoise.
And as a tearful fairwell to KIN who is off to the Netherlands a simply perfect track from the marvellous Dot Dot Dot EP.
You may wish to read more on these artists here….no time for the usual whittering from me this week as I’ve been rather busy…..
The Louche FC
Irk the River
Bare In the Woods
Shy and the Fight