On this show
- 7 Day Weekend – Seasons Like These – All aged 18 or below, 7 Day Weekend are a pop punk/ alternative band from Warrington. They say “With catchy guitar riffs, and strong emotionally driven lyrics. Theyʼve drawn comparisons to You Me At Six and Young Guns. Clayton Leah (Rhythm Guitar), John Handy (Drums), Calan Nickle (Vocals), Dan Hancox (Bass) & Tom Hancox (Lead Guitar) started off just over a year ago, to aim as high as possible… And the ball hasn’t stopped rolling for us as theyʼve gone from Calan’s old garage to Manchester Academy 3 in just over a year, playing along side huge talents such as Destine, Above The Underground, That Sunday Feeling and Attack! Attack! The band has looked to play shows regularly including local Day Festivals to increase their fan base in area.”
- Air Cav– A Call to Arms – Air Cav can finally announce the release of their long-awaited debut album Don’t Look Indoors, on Crystalline Recordings on December 5. The release marks the culmination of time spent in the shadows, working on something that they could irrevocably call theirs, something that bled their own character and that wasn’t a half-formed facsimile of different artists. The album will be preceded by the download-only single ‘A Call To Arms,’ also out on Crystalline on November 7.
- Crystal Stilts – Low Profile – Radiant Door EP – the band that stunned us earlier in the year with a great album have a new EP out which includes a cover of this Blue Orchids classic which gave me an idea based on fellow DJ Stephen Doyle’s “Different Song, Same Title” feature – I flipped it and called it “Same Song, Different Band”…. and so
- Blue Orchids – Low Profile – Serene to Severe – a classic from one of the great post-punk bands – the main man of the band – Martin Bramah – is still working hard today to create great music…..
- Martin Bramah – I Super Real – an acoustic session track Martin did for me last year……
- Factory Star – Lucybel – the Christmas single out on Occultation soon…as played previously and likely to play again in the run up to the festivities…..
- John Hamlin – The Chimes of Christmas – and in the same vein a song from John which celebrates the season – infinitely better than those tired old replays of Slade, Wham et al.
- Monster Island – Kitchen Witch/MMS Battenburg (Flyover) – the album is now available on Bandcamp – grab it and make the lads happy – it’s free!!!!
- English Mutts – Mancouva Kiss – a duo from Moston and Blackley who sent me some songs.
- The Mang Mang Mangs – That Would Be The Normal Reaction – playing the Roadhouse on November 30th
- Air Cav – Here Be Dragons
- The Fall – Nate Will Not Return – another one from the new album
To listen to show click on the link below