On tonights show lots of new things to listen to ……
1. For Abel – Yorkshire – Greater Inventions – one of the excellent new Glasgow bands on the Flowers in the Dustbin lable….. more info here
2. Miacca – Anger – Demo – immense Ska band from Swansea – more of these in future weeks! Breathtakingly good ….. more info here
3. Earth – Old Black – Angels of Darkness, Demons of Lights : 1 – from the new album, they play Islington Mill on April 2nd, the masters and progenitors of drone doom, they seem to have done a bit country and a bit jazz of late…….more info here
4. The Narrows – Noir – Through Constant Decay – from their excellent new EP “Through Constant Decay” available to download at http://www.thenarrows.bandcamp.com…they are on at the Castle in Manchester on Thursday.
5. Taost – Take Me Home –Single – great band from New York defined quite well by themselves as – Taost – 1. n. Good time psychedelic rock with punk sensibilities. 2. a state of personal music zen. example: By the time the 3rd song started, I was totally taost……more info here ….. also Marky Ramone guest drums on this track!
6. Jackson’s Warehouse – Ska Face – Getting Away With It – Jacksons Warehouse formed in 2004. Having worked hard to get a record deal they released ‘Hotel by the Sea’ with SX Records. The single, and its b-sides, received great reviews and an unexpected amount of radio play on XFM, Radio 6 and receiving ‘Track of the week’ status on many student radio’s culminating in a successful tour of Scotland and the North of England as well expanding an ever growing fan base around Essex and London……more stuff here
7. Your Last Drive – Decoys – Simple Solutions Made Complex – Apologies – a lot of factual errors on this show – I say they are from Wigan when they are from Lancaster…….they say of themselves “Your Last Drive and we consist of Luke, Callum, Paul, Joey and the new addition Nathan. We’re based in Lancaster, Lancashire. We have been active for roughly 6 months and are quickly progressing and spreading from our home town, with fans in many areas of the country and a few outside of it. It’s definitely safe to say that our music is from the heart. We don’t make what people want to hear, we make what we like as music, in our opinion, should be. We take a lot of influence from both Hardcore/Post-Hardcore bands such as Alexisonfire, We Are The Ocean and Yashin as well as bands from the original emo scene like Halifax and Hawthorne Heights. We are an extremely hard working band and are always pushing ourselves to breaking point in terms of blowing away the crowd at live performances and securing new opportunities for ourselves as a band. At the rate we are progressing you should look out for us hitting a music scene near you very soon, we have a lot of exciting opportunities in the pipeline and can’t wait to get out there this year!” You can get the EP here for nowt.
8. The Stevenson Ranch Davidians – Nature Boy – Psalms, Hymns,and Spiritual Songs – comprehensive website here
9. Glyn Bailey & The Many Splendored Things – The Old Illawallah – The Disturbance – this came into me at the station and I was impressed by the sound – more details here
10. The Jar Family – The Poolie Strut – The Livingston Session – collective of singer songwriters from the North East who have decamped down south – many apologies again …. for calling them the Jar Band on the show – it’s my age you see, I tend to forget things easily and get them muddled up….more info here … and you can get this song as a free download here….The new EP, ‘The Livingston Session’ was recorded in the summer of 2010 and is now available to download via the music section on the site….and very good it is too..
11. The Love Load – The Human Resourceful – The Human Resourceful – “Dischord veteran, ALKEM creator, and drummer extraordinaire Ben Azzara picks up his sticks and hits the skins behind singer/songwriter Ted Watts, and aided by musical and technical prodigy, Blaine Misner, created the impulse debut album by The Love Load entitled The Human Resourceful. While the band and record are new, the players are neither new to the game or each other. Watts and Azzara have composed the rhythm section of D.C. based Pup Tent for most of the last five years. Both Azzara and Watts have extensive resumes.” – website here
12. The Explorers Collective – The Factory – Single – impressive new band with a great sound which reminds me of bands like Atomic Rooster – info here
13. Water Signs – Toka Toka – don’t know too much about these other than they have three great EPs on Bandcamp – info here and bandcamp here – they play Kraak gallery on April 28th…..
To listen to the show click the link below