On this show….and while I am at it please support independent music by going to gigs and acquiring music….ta!
- Geevor – Bitch Cackle – errr…they’ve split up and are no longer available for live appearances ….. this always happens , I record a show and then a band split up, nothing to do with me I hasten to add, just serendipity (or the opposite of it)…… so regardless of whether this is a great track all of this is a bit redundant in the great scheme of previewing this forthcoming saturday’s Helmets for Men at the Kings Arms, Bloom Street, Salford. My associate Mr Thornborough is working his magic to find a third act to fill the line-up which will also consist of…
- Still Down Gill – City Limit Sisters – comprising as it does of two ex-Jannocks this band has quality pedigree and delivers a mean slice of blues soaked rock for your delectation and
- The Calimocho Club – She Told Me – the purple suit and the eye-liner is gone and the plaid shirts and more of an RnB inflection is with us – headlining on Saturday night and proving that metamorphosis is indeed a sensible activity in a lot of instances…and I’m advised its CHO rather than CO in terms of pronunciation….
- The Happy Fallen – The Wheel – the ever busy Mr Neale James has been hard at work with this excellent new tune…..I think he should get a band together and go out and share this with you all live …..
- No Flash – Truth or Dare – missed them last week at the BOTW Indie thing due to illness – impressive sound and well worth checking out…will be playing near you soon!
- Vei – Escebeche – Jonn Dean showing how electronica should be delivered from his recent EP on Mind on Fire. He tells me he is going to record again soon with a more digital slant….
- The Loaded Dice – Turbo – recently recieved their material via our new and unsigned page…lots of info here on their website
- Salford Media City – The Lynx Effect – a band with a lot going on for it but not much material out there so I was pleased to extract this from the recent Found in a Skip release – they will be on at the Salford Music Festival I am advised…..so I look forward to actually seeing them live in a pub close to where I live….
- Arks – Patterns – new EP out recently and this is from it
- Fidel and the Castros – Golden 20 – from a demo they sent me and rather fine it is too.
- Kill for Company – Tongue Tattoo – a new track from my favourite band of the moment – also on at the Salford Music Festival…..
- Vei – Moths – another one from the “Thank You For Talking” EP.
- The Fall – Repetition – classic early gruppe from the marvellous debut album “Live at the Witch Trials“
Click on the link to hear the show