Previewing the Salford Music Festival again this week with music from (bands in bold are playing the festival):
- Kill for Company – Pink Fluffy Dynamite – a new track from the dynamic duo
- Claw the Thin Ice – Comfort Zone – interesting change of direction from Ian Breen on this recent release
- Trojan Horse – And the lights went down – from the album……which you can now get for free from their bandcamp page
- Early Mojo – Dirt – Walkden’s finest from the Beergasm Demo – leave them a message on Facebook if you want a copy
- Mr Heart – Mr Heart – from the excellent “The Hide” release from last year which coincidentally Tamsin gave a me a Sneaky preview copy of at the main stage event of last years festival
- Sandells – Cockroaches – a new track from the titanic trio which moves from free jazz improv into kraut-motorik with amazing ease…..
- Neuron No – Limonchik – another trio demonstrating excellent musical dexterity
- Hot Vestry – Turn On – and yet another trio proving that the future of good music is secure….
- Positronik – The Bitch Knows Your Name – i’m incredibly biased about this lot as they are my chums, and I do their website for them, but I have to say this is very good indeed….another trio by the way…must be a trend
- AAAK – We Fall Alone – if you have not seen these live then do yourself a favour and catch them at the Salford Music Festival – they are duo mostly but sometimes a trio and rarely a quartet
- The Mang Mang Mangs – Side By Side – another track from a rather impressive duo – they are seeking live opportunities at the moment so if any promoters are interested please contact them…
- Girl Peculiar – Destiny – the last single and rather excellent it is too…..
- The Fall – No Bulbs – saw them do this at the International 2 in 1986 – typical of the Brix era with a focus on lead guitar lines and a punchy rhythm
To listen to the show click on the link below
Information about the bands playing at the festival can be found here
- Suzuki Method : Be Cruel, Be Kind – showcase event Thursday nights at the Band on the Wall with “No Flash” (who I will play on next weeks show) and “China White” and….
- Rawcuss : John Travolta – the second single…..
- The Calimocho Club : Roll the Dice – from the new EP “Whoa Whoa Hey Hey” – they play Islington Mill on Friday with “Emperor Zero” and “Pulsebeats”
- Matthew Petit : Summer Blood – from his EP
- Kill for Company : Next Time – from the Greenhouse Sessions…..I love this band
- Ninetails : Pedestrian – from the new EP “Ghost Ride the Whip” pre-order from http://superstardestroyer.bandcamp.com/album/ghost-ride-the-whip
- Fidel and the Castros : Lullaby – a demo CD was sent to me some time ago, and I played it then and I thought – this is good I will play it again….
- The Kindest of Thieves : Fox and the Thief/Sounded Like A Hiss – from the recent recording sessions – I assume these are going to be on the album – slight change in direction from the “Para Zali” days but the raw blues sound is still in there.
- Hot Vestry : Be The Real Man – from the Dust EP
- Ninetails : Social Guesswork – as above
- Kill for Company : Now You Know – as above – and there will be a new tune next week which is rather good as well……you can download these tunes from http://soundcloud.com/killforcompany
- Limbs : Gameshow Tycoon (What Biscuit) – early version of a Limbs classic…
- The Fall : The Joke – MES at his acerbic best from the “Cerebral Caustic” album which saw the return of Brix….
To listen to the show click on the link below……
Mostly new stuff on this show
- Humanizer – Arthur Brown Gets Me Down – from the new EP “This Tiny Universe” which came out on Hacienda Records on 8th August
- Limbs – The Worms Want Blood – a sample track from the forthcoming album
- The Reveres – The Death of Miss X – the new single part 1
- Baby Strange – Fair is Fair – from the demo CD
- Rawcuss – Manchester News – the new single
- Lee Rice – Lost Without A Cause – a new track from the front man of the recently split Overeasies
- Kill for Company – To Disappear – another track from my fave new band of the moment
- The Wonderland Trip – Bring Back The Sunshine – they are around and about gigging catch them
- Ryko Saints – X is Next – as are they…..
- The Reveres – Riders From Zero – new single part 2
- The Sandells – Striptease – a new instrumental from our very own masters of Kraut-Punk
- Tom Byrne and Friends – Another One Falls – caught this young man with his band last Friday – very impressive
- The Kindest of Thieves – The Kindest of Thieves – they are gigging also … more newer stuff on next weeks show
- Baby Strange – My Neighbours A Killer – as above
- Hot Vestry – Commiserations – another track from the new EP
- The Fall – Blood Outta Stone – a Beddington-Smith classic from 1990 – originally appeared on the White Lightning/Dredger single/EP
To listen then click the link…..
On this edition of the show
- The Sandells – Hell in Heaven – recorded live at Salford City Radio – playing Gullivers on 4th August along with……
- Silver Sound Explosion – Telephone Wire – featuring the omnipresent Mr C Dutton on the bass guitar…..
- The Black Lights – We Can Fly…..playing the Kings Arms on the 6th August
- The Deodates – Here Lies Amber – before the Calimocho Club were the Black Knights they were the Deodates……
- Death to the Strange – Shades of My Mind – playing Bakers Vault, Stockport on 6th August – and busking in a street near you….
- Kill for Company – Black and White – on at the Printworks on 5th August and Bakers Vault on 11th August
- Danny Short – Winter in Me – a taste of the new album…..
- Positronik – Save It For Me – playing Dry Bar 5th August
- The Deodates – Knives
- Humanizer – Shinobi – exclusive preview of a tracks from the new EP “This Tiny Universe” out on August 8th
- Kill for Company – Money Now
- Hot Vestry – Snakes In The Grass – a highly talented trio of 16 years old from Rainow….not Manchester as I say on the show…..
- The Deodates – Saucy Jack
- Sandbox – Shades of Grey – where’s the album then chaps????
- The Fall – The Man Whose Head Expanded – a classic piece of Smith verbal magic which I saw performed at the Hacienda in 1983 – stunning bass from Hanley S
To listen click the link…..