Due to ongoing backlogs I can only post the track list tonight – very excited about new music coming out of the city at the moment and there are a few examples of it in tonights show along with a look back at the marvellous work of the Tombots…..enjoy…..
- Positronik – Give Me Some Passion – from the band
- The Wonderland Trip – Leech
- The Tombots – Slants – from Tony Thornborough
- Belle Vue – Amber – Single
- Doctrines – Anglophobia – O This Body Of Mine – I Renounce You Your Style Is A Crime
- Twinkle & Co – Back into the Light
- The Tombots – Accounts and Thoughts – from Tony Thornborough
- Ink – Awaiting The Day – from the band
- Mancini Fires – Tomorrow Yesterday – Rise
- Danny Short – To Be Different – Reformation Session Track
- Doctrines – Hey Plastic Face – I Renounce You Your Style Is A Crime
- The Tombots – 1522 – from Tony Thornborough
- The Black Lights – In the Dark – In the Dark
To listen to the show click on the link below
Starting to promo some of the bands on this years Sounds from The Other City festival and a healthy slug of music from Open Party plus other new stuff from around the scene and to close a classic from the only band in the world……
- Ink – Kill the Flame – Demo – local band made up of students from Swinton High School.
- Open Party– The Standing – Demo – Open party started of as a home studio project between singer Richard Brady and producer Tony Kavanangh, after a year of writing and recorded they formed the band which, in full is, Richard Brady-Vocals , Tony Kavanagh-Guitar, Adam Birch-Bass, Roxx Enroll-Guitar, Daryl Rogowich-Drums. They are now playing gigs in Manchester/Salford and hoping to get on a few local festivals this summer. Influences are too many to mention (they say), but take in anything from the Associates to N.I.N. via the Bunnymen.
- Viv Albertine – I don’t believe in love – Flesh – Former Slit Viv plays this years Sounds from the Other City Festival.
- The Louche FC – Only In A Dream – Single – Bright new things of the Salford Scene, beloved of one Mark Edward of Prestwich with their new single – they also play SFTOC.
- Richard Youngs – A storm of light ignites my heart – Beyond the Valley of the Ultrahits – another coup from the SFTOC chaps in booking the great Richard Youngs master of psyche folk guitar wizardry.
- Open Party – Emotional Burns – Demo
- Lisbon – Empires – Vulnerable Mind – “a 5-piece pop band hailing from Manchester, England. With a penchant for dramatic pop music, the band began with one clear objective – creating high-quality, modern songs with universal appeal. After a prolific song-writing period, Lisbon are intent on imprinting their sound upon the public consciousness by embarking on a series of live performances in their home town.” Indeed…. they are – Robert S Pollard (vocals), David Hatch (guitar) Jordan Marsland (guitar/vocals), William Ellis (bass), Justin Ruscoe (drums).
- Ghost Outfit – Boy – Sways Mix-tape – watch out for this lot we predict great things!
- Mandrake – Still Waters – Glory Days – as heavily promoed on this show check out the album and watch out for their gigs.
- Open Party – Desire – Demo
- The Louche FC – Four Parts Bastard – Sways Mixtape
- Open Party – Inertia – Demo
- The Fall – Dice Man – Dragnet – classic Fall with the great Mike Leigh on drums
Listen again via the link below