John Mackie is a singer/songwriter originally from Glasgow but now residing in the peoples republic of Salford.
His inspirations are from a wide range of varying sources, but his talent for touching, emotive lyrics and ear for melody give him a style that makes him stand out from the crowd.
John has been in various bands as creative influence in his career, notably The Broadcast, but now feels the time is right to ‘fly solo’ and venture forth alone.
Armed only with duel weapons of beautiful, poignant song writing and a voice that is both haunting and soothing simultaneously, all backed up by his melodic, hypnotic understated guitar playing, it promises to be a fruitful and exciting future for John.
Mr Mackie , who has graced the Aural Delights Shows and Podcasts over the last few years , has a new vidchip out of his excellent tune “Holy Water” and it’s rather fine.
Get on it!
The final part of my four week preview of this years Salford Music Festival featuring a snap-shot of some of the 200+ artists appearing at 20 venues around the city from Thursday 20th to Sunday 23rd September.
You can stream the show from here…….
- AAAK – Out Here – Totalitarian Tip Toe
- Curry Quiche – Dry Handkerchief – EP
- Girl Peculiar – Believe – Single
- Miss Lucid – Another Pathogen – EP
- Saturday Morning Cartoons – Lady In A Radiator – Demo
- Sheena Bratt – Fire In Your Eyes – Demo
- Boz Hayward – Invasion of the Ditty Dots – Single
- John Mackie – 9.5 Grams – Single
- I Invented Fire – Absence is Distant (And Distant Works) (Radio Edit) – Demo
- Jed Is Dead – Damaged – Demo
- Silver Sound Explosion – Sidekicks – Single
- Kill Pretty – Breakdown Man – Dark Heart
- TeamAVsTeamB – That First Love – Demo
- The Fall – Lap Top Dog – Single
For details of all the gigs and all the venues go to the festival website
On this show – which you can listen to here
On this weeks show you will find the following (Listen here):
||Big Banana Song
||I’m A Zombie
||The Lazy Maybees
||Lining Up Spoons
||Can’t Hold Out
||The Motivational Song
||Little Lemon EP
||Wailer Pilot Study
||Duress to Impress
||My Little Brother
||My Hypocritical Friend
||The 1982 Masters
||Little Lemon EP
||Green Eyed Loco Man
||The Real New Fall LP
notes in respect of the above
- Chorley’s riposte to the Ramones offer an erudite exposition on the impact of yellow fruit on life – a demo from the increasingly infamous Sad Row Studios – https://www.facebook.com/groups/399163703431262/
- as above
- as above
- The album gets launched on Sunday at the Kings Arms – more details here – https://www.facebook.com/events/399012156788771/
- New album from Tall Dan – a compilation of older tunes which have been fettled up – http://dannyshort.bandcamp.com/
- From the new album – catch them live at Night and Day on Wednesday – https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Lazy-Maybees/194897357220276
- From the recent album – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fuschi4/219859931385895
- New EP from the titantic trio – http://neuronno.bandcamp.com/
- New single – launched last week at the Kings Arms – http://www.zylotonerecords.co.uk/
- As featured last week – quite a bit of a buzz developing about this lot – they are in Camden tonight – https://www.facebook.com/TheWailerPilotStudy?ref=ts
- Impressive song-writing from this group – download the FREE EP – Nosedive, at www.soundcloud.com/mylittlebrother
- Ultra rare recordings of the other band Mike Leigh was in when he was in The Fall
- as 9
- A Watts/Smith classic from The Real New Fall LP