This weeks show is pretty much a continuation of last weeks with many of the bands previously featured – however a big focus on Ektoise and related off-shot bands forms the core of the show, plus a new artist – Ben Whitehead. There’s the usual Farley Fumble and a new feature the Gibbo Nomination – both selections made by chums for material to include in the show…….so here we go again and you can listen to it here.…..
||We Missed Half The Night
||The Shoreline By Midnight
||Live at Beetle Bar
||Et Tu Bruce
||Dress Me Up In Bruises
||Hero and Leander
||Four Peg Wooden Unit
||Pukes of A Hot Cloister
||En La Lejania
||The Coke Authority
||The Finest Hour
||Travels in the Outland
||Kick to Kill
||West Coast Sick Line
||Whatever You Wanted
This show promotes the Punk Weekend at the Crescent in Salford which runs from Friday 16th to Sunday 18th September – there are also some new tunes which have been sent my way……and a couple of classics
- Early Mojo – Balloon Basket – they come from Walkden, they are a trio, and they open up the Punk Weekend on the Friday evening. From their “Beergasm” release which will be getting more plays on the Salford Music Scene show.
- Kill For Company – Now You Know – the most exciting new band of the year so far for me…..a mancunian duo with a unique and compelling sound – also play Fridays event
- Dead Circus – Paranoia – also on Friday – a trio from Manchester.
- Wire – The Agfers of Kodack – Read and Burn 01 – the first studio collaboration by the band since Manscape, proving that time had not mellowed them.
- Moongoose – Stepping into Shadow – Silhouettes and Shadows – another track from the excellent EP by this great band.
- The Distrakted – Mancunian Werewolf in Oldham – five piece from Manchester playing Saturday night at the Punk Weekend.
- Total Bloody Chaos – NHS Death Squads – five piece from various parts of Lancashire…..also playing Saturday night at the Punk Weekend
- Kick to Kill – Mushroom Cloud – excellent Glasgow quartet on the Flowers in the Dustbin lable.
- Flying Man Shark – Just A Habit – another track from this excellent band from Scotland – click the link to access a free download of their music.
- For Abel – On TV – another excellent band from the Flowers in the Dustbin lable.
- Kill Pretty – Babes In The Wood- out on the road soon with a settled line-up – more info on our website unsigned page – http://www.salordcityradio.org
- Girlfixer – Casualty Condemn Me – four piece from Nottingham with an excellent lead singer with a great voice…..they close the Punk Weekend at the Crescent on the Sunday Night.
- Baby Strange – Brick and Bones – the “headline” act of the Friday night at the Punk Weekend.
- Van Der Graaf Generator – The Sleepwalkers – Godbluff – arpeggiating keyboards, manic time signatures and all out Hammill word mastery on this classic from the come-back album. I saw them do this in London on one the great come back gigs for the band – having been at the Cambridge Folk Festival watching Bert Jansch the day before it was a bit of a head spinner.
To listen to the show click on the link below…..
Decided to go a bit Audio Visual this week……so here we go again….and these are tunes featured on this weeks show….follow the links for Facebook stuff and other info….
You can listen to the show here
Or you can watch these vidchips……not quite in the same order as they are on the show….