Somewhat otherwise engaged doing the Reformation Webzine at the moment so only chance to list what’s on this show
- AAAK – Sharpshooter – The Collection
- Bill Davro – Winter is Over – Single
- Twinkle & Co – Haunted – Demo
- The Calimocho Club – Roll The Dice – Whoa Whoa Hey Hey
- O.C.D. – Sha Na Na – Single
- Humanizer – Shinobi – Early Version
- The Ascension – Idealistic Future – New Renaissance
- Madpack – It’s The Menace – Demo
- The Calimocho Club – Baby’s got a switch blade – Whoa Whoa Hey Hey
- Periscope – Valentina Tereshkova – Demo
- The Calimocho Club – She Told Me – Whoa Whoa Hey Hey
- Kranius – Waste My Time – Turn to Stone
- The Hamsters – Chip Shop Song – The Sonic Diary Sessions
- The Blimp – Art Job
- The Fall – The League of Bald-Headed Men – The Infotainment Scan
Mostly about previewing gigs this week……
- Silver Sound Explosion – Sidekicks – new single and rather fine it is to…..a trio featuring the ever busy Mr Chris Dutton on the bass guitar
- Positronik – Superheavy (Party’s Gunna Soon Be Over) …… another trio arising from the ashes of Pearl Davies and delivering some of funkiest tunes this side of the Irwell….
- AAAK – Out Here ….. demo track from the mighty Ding…..excellent
- Kranius – My Darkened Soul…. from the Evilution album which you can get from Bandcamp
- Whipcord – I Get Ahead In My Head My Headlines I make – alternative rock from the mighty Whipcord. They say “Doobie Brothers in Bad Brains t-shirts, whistling The Hollies on the way to a Pentagram gig, reading The Wire”. That’ll do for me.
- John Herring – Don’t Go …. a live track from John as a preview to his special gig at Sacred Trinity Church on Friday July 1st. Where he will be supported by…..
- Love Locked Out – All Her Lovers ….. and
- Quiet Rebellion – Hitcher In My Soul
- Silver Sound Explosion – Telephone Wired – the other side of the new single
- The Fall – This Perfect Day – The Marshall Suite Reissue – nice to hear this again, not so sure about the remastering though, seems a bit bass heavy.
- Positronik – Give Me Some Passion – Demo
- John Herring – City Boy – Live
- Kranius – Futures End – Evilution
To listen in click on the link below
On this show a lot of new material which has come my way recently……
- Girl Peculiar – Destiny – (Single)- released last week – great new single from Jenny and co available from I Tunes/Amazon.
- Vinny Peculiar – My Generation (I said Goodbye) – Other People Like Me (Album) – fantastic new album from Vinny is out digitally on 4th July and as cd/vinyl on 12th September. His first album “Gone” (not Get Gone as I say on the show) can be downloaded free from the website.
- Black Lights – We Can Fly – In the Dark (EP) – play Manchester Academy on 9th July
- Kranius – Crucified (Single) – I’m not sure how many metal bands there are active in the city at the moment but Kranius are the front runners with a great sound. Check out their Bandcamp page for lots of older material. The gig I announced on the show on 23rd has now been put back to 29th and they are also on at the Crescent on 2nd July along with Not Above Evil. Soma Dark and one TBC.
- AAAK – Everything’s Real (Exclusive Demo) – Ding has sent me some new work which I will be featuring in a fortnight. The dynamic duo play The Bar Galleon, Blackpool on 22nd July and the next Helmets for Men at Islington Mill the following week. This is a great track that they put together a while back. Looking forward to seeing them live again.
- Periscope – The Sunshine House – the ever ebullient Mr Swinney has been extremely busy as the album draws towards its inevitable completion around Christmas time (approx) – this is a rather marvellous up tempo glorious celebration of stuff with a stunning bass riff
- Gods Gift – Another Government Day (Exclusive Track to Salford City Radio) – worth playing this again – excellent return for a great band.
- Vinny Peculiar – Artrockers – Other People Like Me (Album) – evoking the great times in mid 70s when Art Rock emerged in full force…..excellent song. Any song which mentions Cadbury’s Flake is ok with me.
- Magazine -I want your heart – Second Hand Daylight (Album) Given Vinny mentioned Howard in the previous song I thought I would play a classic from the ex denizen of Lower Broughton Road.
- The Blimp – Art Job (from the band) – do not play Ruby Lounge on 23rd June now as I announced, cancelled unfortunately, and I’m not sure about the Guzzlin’ Goose gig on 25th June – I suggest you check their Facebook page for updates. A remarkable track this from a remarkable band. All three of them are adopted Salfordians now. And it completes a nice little trilogy of arty tunes.
- Kranius – All The Same – Evilution (EP)
- Periscope – Ethereal (Pre-release)
- Black Lights – In the Dark – In the Dark (EP)
- Periscope – Quicksand (Pre-release)
To listen to the show click on the link below