Busy busy busy so no time to whitter on about the bands – you can find it all via google anyway – a mix of international and local on this weeks show with a quick trip to the Midlands and Yorkshire for a few of tracks….
- The Tapestry – Rode Your Luck – Single
- Lisbon – Memory Song – The Vulnerable Mind
- Me and My Friends – Freegan Couple – Demo Track
- Dave Graney – Rock n Roll is where I hide – Rock n Roll is where I hide
- Sugar – Helpless – Copper Blue
- Claw The Thin Ice – Ghostwood – Sleep is not for us
- Arks – Ontario – Demo Track
- Camper Van Beethoven – Take the Skinheads Bowling – Telephone Free Landslide Victory
- Moff Skellington – Confident of Pending Treats – Session Track
- Julia Dowler – Sweet FA – Demo Track
- Throwing Muses – Film – Demo Track
- Elk – Return to Sender – First Love
- The Black Angels – Black Grease – Another Nice Pair
- Robert Forster – Baby Stones – Danger in the Past
To listen to the show click on the link below:
Starting to promo some of the bands on this years Sounds from The Other City festival and a healthy slug of music from Open Party plus other new stuff from around the scene and to close a classic from the only band in the world……
- Ink – Kill the Flame – Demo – local band made up of students from Swinton High School.
- Open Party– The Standing – Demo – Open party started of as a home studio project between singer Richard Brady and producer Tony Kavanangh, after a year of writing and recorded they formed the band which, in full is, Richard Brady-Vocals , Tony Kavanagh-Guitar, Adam Birch-Bass, Roxx Enroll-Guitar, Daryl Rogowich-Drums. They are now playing gigs in Manchester/Salford and hoping to get on a few local festivals this summer. Influences are too many to mention (they say), but take in anything from the Associates to N.I.N. via the Bunnymen.
- Viv Albertine – I don’t believe in love – Flesh – Former Slit Viv plays this years Sounds from the Other City Festival.
- The Louche FC – Only In A Dream – Single – Bright new things of the Salford Scene, beloved of one Mark Edward of Prestwich with their new single – they also play SFTOC.
- Richard Youngs – A storm of light ignites my heart – Beyond the Valley of the Ultrahits – another coup from the SFTOC chaps in booking the great Richard Youngs master of psyche folk guitar wizardry.
- Open Party – Emotional Burns – Demo
- Lisbon – Empires – Vulnerable Mind – “a 5-piece pop band hailing from Manchester, England. With a penchant for dramatic pop music, the band began with one clear objective – creating high-quality, modern songs with universal appeal. After a prolific song-writing period, Lisbon are intent on imprinting their sound upon the public consciousness by embarking on a series of live performances in their home town.” Indeed…. they are – Robert S Pollard (vocals), David Hatch (guitar) Jordan Marsland (guitar/vocals), William Ellis (bass), Justin Ruscoe (drums).
- Ghost Outfit – Boy – Sways Mix-tape – watch out for this lot we predict great things!
- Mandrake – Still Waters – Glory Days – as heavily promoed on this show check out the album and watch out for their gigs.
- Open Party – Desire – Demo
- The Louche FC – Four Parts Bastard – Sways Mixtape
- Open Party – Inertia – Demo
- The Fall – Dice Man – Dragnet – classic Fall with the great Mike Leigh on drums
Listen again via the link below