A seriously mixed bag of stuff this time round……listen here
||Hole in the Universe
||Phantom Family Halo
||The Fall Out
||When I Fall Out
||Some Velvet Morning
||How to Start A Revolution
||Turning Up The Love
||Temperature Dream Thinking Bed
||Pukes of A Hot Cloister
||Selected Ambient Works Vol II
||Defusion UK feat J Dowler
||Where Has The Money Gone
||Fragments of Me
||Break and Make
||Mummy Short Arms
||The Nectarine No: 9
||A Sea with 3 Stars
||My My Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)
||Rust Never Sleeps
||Todd Rundgrens Utopia
This show is focused towards three great bands from Wigan – in between a few classics and some brand new releases…..
- The Suzukis – Are You Happy With Yourself – Wigan band number one with the new single which is out on Deltasonic.
- GlassHeads – The Error of Your Ways – Wigan band number two featuring Ian McCluskey – Vocals/Guitar, Andy McKay – Guitar, Andrew Seddon – Bass and Jon Davenport – Drums – this was a recent single
- Sonic Youth – Expressway To Your Skull (Edit) – a dip into the archive for a classic from the Evol album.
- Astrid Williamson – Pour – fascinating new single out on One Little Indian on August 8th – Astrid colloborates with Leo Abrahams who recently worked Brian Eno.
- Franks Wild Years – Beggars and Rogues – Wigan band number three – Frank’s Wild Years consists of Michael Barrow – Lead Vocals/Guitar/Bass, Chris Gaskell – Guitar/Bass and Tom Barrow – Drums/Percussion.
- The Suzukis – Personal Patrol
- Caravan – The Dog, The Dog He’s At It Again – After the musical uncertainty of Waterloo Lily, Caravan returned with their most inspired recording since In the Land of the Grey and Pink. The quirky title of the album “For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night” sets the scene for a recording which is full of fresh musical ideas that incorporate the band’s trademark humor within the challenging sonic structures. For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night easily ranks among Caravan’s best.
- Throwing Muses – America – another album from Kristin in the Season’s Session series – this one being “Summer”>
- Bird Engine – No Arms No No Friends – from a new compilation on the One Inch Badge lable which is out later this month (25th) called Sea Monsters – it features bands from the Brighton Music Scene. Some interesting bands on this disc including this one which lept out at me as being rather interesting.
- GlassHeads – Don’t Worry
- Franks Wild Years – It Ain’t Broke
- Neil Young – The Needle and the Damage Done – from a recently released live album from 1992.
- The Suzukis – Reasons for Leaving
- Freedom of Expression or F.O.E.- The Traveller – Drawing on reggae, hip-hop, rock, jazz and Drum and Bass influences, the group offers up soulful laments about lost love, dirty rock ditties about the art of hustling, and dubbed out tales of escapism. Their debut radio play apparently. Remember you heard it here first!
- GlassHeads – Man In The Street – the latest single.
To listen to the show click on the link below
The first of a series of one-off mixes (if that’s not an Oxymoron) featuring music that did not get onto the broadcast radio shows – a variety of recent releases from the last few months, or older stuff that has been pointed in my direction, and the occasional classic track. It’s sad but true that I do not have the time to play on the radio all the things that I would like to. To check these bands out further please follow the links…….
Oathless (free download) http://hawkmoonrecords.bandcamp.com/ (check out the other stuff on there as well! It’s all rather good)
The Suns http://www.myspace.com/00thesuns00
Slow Ride Home http://www.myspace.com/slowridehome
Tera Melos http://www.teramelosmusic.com/
Neil Young http://www.neilyoung.com/
Pyschic Ills http://psychicills.com/
Secret Garden Gathering http://www.facebook.com/SecretGardens
Tim Hecker http://www.myspace.com/rainbowbloodx
John Grant http://www.myspace.com/johnwilliamgrant
Mother Night http://www.myspace.com/mothernightnb
The Happy Fallen http://www.reverbnation.com/thehappyfallen
Listen to the show on the link below