Featuring on this show:
- Danny Short – Every Now And Then – available as part of an EP from our free download service at Salford City Radio. Danny has a new album out in November called “You Must Not Play”.
- Taser Puppets – DIM – a remix of a great tune with Emma on vocals – they play the “Guzzlin’ Goose” in Ashton on 8th October with the Blimp and Danny Cusick (see later) – it’s Shaun’s birthday as well!
- Day Release – There’s No Cure – as promised more tracks from this very promising band.
- Ryan Jarvis – Tomorrow Lasts Forever – another tune from the songsmith from Gorton.
- Mandrake – If I had all the answers – just signed a publishing deal and about to go into the studio to start work on the second album which will be called “Sunrise Epitath”. This track is from the debut album “Glory Days”
- Kit B – Fear of Flying – Danny Cusick is currently putting together a band to play his music live – this is a home recording which demonstrates the quality of his songwriting.
- No Tokyo – All My All – a new demo from the band which they sent my way a couple of weeks ago.
- Shoshin – Litterbug – from the the excellent “City of Patience” album – this band has next big thing written through them like a stick of Salford rock.
- Taser Puppets – Beautiful Song For The Ripper – another tune from the Chorley meistersingers.
- Milk Maid – Dead Wrong – not normally one for playing signed stuff on this show but this one impressed me.
- Day Release – Wrong and Right – and another one from them….
- Taser Puppets – Transmission – live track ….. with the Puppets take on JD.
- Johann Kloos – Storm Petal Suzie – Johann has a solo gig at the Crescent on 28th October with Sam Smith and Mancini Fires.
- Kill For Company – Now You Know – the break through band of the year for me and a few others at SCR…..
- The Fall – Cary Grant’s Wedding – a classic track from Totales Turns featuring Michael John Leigh on the drums who you can catch with Taser Puppets and Danny Cusick at the Guzzlin’ Goose on the 8th October.
To listen to the show click the link below….
Spot the silly mistake again on this show when I describe Still Down Gill as Sit Down Gill – I’ve have no idea why I did this but I seemed to have got stuck in my head that they were called that – probably cause Kev Morel sits down when he plays his bongos, well that’s my excuse anyway. On this one I concentrate on the new Vinny Peculiar album whic h was released the day before the show was broadcast……anyway here we go again…..
- The Black Knights – Midnight in the Mausoleum – Fuck You Very Much : The Death of the The Black Knights – the swan-song from the dynamic duo who are now The Calimocho Club. Available as a free download from Bandcamp. Helmets have the new band lined up for a gig at The Kings Arms in Salford in August.
- Toska Wilde – I Am (Your Temptation) – from a forthcoming limited edition album called “Cindy Darling” this features Brucie from The Get. A definitely harder edge and more dance oriented tune from Toska.
- The Souls – Caught In A Whisper – not played anything from these lads for a while so I was pleased to get this version of this fab tune.
- Vinny Peculiar – A Vision/Art Thief – two tracks back to back from Vinny’s new album “Other People Like Me” which is rather excellent. You can get it from the usual download outlets.
- The Happy Fallen – Deadbeat Disco – NJ is back with another great tune.
- No Tokyo – Ego Healer – got this in as a demo and was impressed by their mix of funky bass and indie guitar.
- Toska Wilde – All Men Want Me – a radio edit according to Toska.
- Whipcord – Mista Vista – they are playing a gig at Ruby Lounge in a couple of week with Mr Heart.
- Still Down Gill – City Limit Sisters – got this via Tony Thornborough. Two ex Jannocks in this line up with is a good place to start. A modern take on a bluesy 600s/70s sound.
- Shanty Town – A Day In The Life of Edward – thanks to Mr Coupe for these tracks, another Facebook friend request sent and not responded to as yet – never mind. A fine band from Salford.
- Vinny Peculiar – Christo & John-Claude/Something and Nothing – another couple of tracks from Vinny.
- The Fall – Birthday Song – it’s getting to be a bit of a fixture to finish the show with a Fall tune. This is one from the recently released remastered version of the Marshall Suite. The Fall in reflective mood with excellent keyboards from Julia Adamson.