A mixed bag of old and new featuring three fumbles from Farley……
- Van Der Graaf – Cat’s Eye, Yellow Fever (Running) – The Quiet Zone/The Pleasure Demo – they dropped the “generator” part of the name for this 1977 release, possibly the coolest prog rock band in the universe at the time given Hammill’s approbation by the likes of Smith and Lydon….this finds Hammill and Evans reunited with Nic Potter and adding Graeme Smith from “String Driven Thing” to create a unique mix of punk ethic and prog excess. A great album and well worth searching out for a listen.
- Moongoose – Slumber (There is light) – Silhouettes and Shadows – well we’ve all been getting a little bit excited about this band at Salford City Radio and my chums SD and Monty have been playing their music – thanks to James for getting this one to me. Exceptional stuff.
- Voix Bulgares – Polegnala E Todala – Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares – fond memories of this album from the Peel show and thanks to Farley for recommending it as a “fumble” for this weeks show.
- Siglo 21 – She’s The One – Residents of Temporary Homes – I received a pile of CDs from the lovely folks at Sleepy Music and was impressed by all of them. This band write great tunes.
- Steamkings – The Heavenly B&B – The Full English – Songs about illicit weekends in Brighton, encroaching adult responsibilities and how to avoid them. Unreleased until recently , and with extra bonus tracks from the sessions. Great album.
- Twin Atlantic – Make A Beast of Myself – Single – out soon, not been too keen on this lot until now but this single is damn good.
- Robedoor – Solid State – Bored Fortress – another Farley recommendation – this band have had a split release with local heroes “Gnod” – in essence Alex and Britt Brown doyens of the underground scene who run the Not Not Fun lable. Loose, improvisational and trancey.
- Moongoose – Dark Forces Walking – Silhouettes and Shadow – another excellent track from a rather marvellous combo.
- Forgery Lit – Innocence – Demo – as featured on last weeks show.
- Honey – Counting Seasons – Taste It and See – as featured for the last four weeks this is the remaining track from the recent EP that I have not played yet.
- Sen Segur – Cyfoeth Gwylb – Pen Rhydd – as featured for the last four weeks this is the remaining track from the last but one EP that I have not played yet. Loosely translates from the Welsh as Power Wet….or is it Wet Power?
- Orchestra of Spheres – Spontaneous Symmetry – Nonogonic Now – the last Farley “Fumble” of the evening, barking mad and rather fine indeed.
- Scientist and Prince Jammy – Buck Rogers in the Black Hole – Scientist and Jammy Strike Back! – Linval Thompson and the Roots Radics at their dubby best.
To listen to all of this click on the linkage below…..