On this show – too busy for links this week – just search for them on Facebook or Google…….
- Andre Williams and the Goldstars – Nightclub
- Can – Mushroom
- Whipcord – Dread Stop Bop
- Gnod – Tron
- The Granite Shore – When Sleep Won’t Come
- The Jar Family – In for a penny
- Hedvig Mollestad Trio – Gun and the E-Kid – Shoot!
- Pete and the Pirates – Ill Love – Little Death
- West Coast Sick Line – No Wife No Kids
- Otalgia – Demi Stars
- Crystal Stilts – Still As The Night
- This City of Takers – This City Is A Pipe Bomb
- Half Man Half Biscuit – All I Want for Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit
- Half Man Half Biscuit – The Trumpton Riots
To listen click the link below
On this show
- Rocket from the Tombs – I Sell Soul – Barfly – the band that came before Pere Ubu are back with a brand new album
- Mr. Heart -Twisted Lamp – The Hide – apologies to Tamsin and co for calling this Stones on the show – they have got a new bass player and are playing the Crescent on Thursday Night and the Royal Exchange Theatre on Sunday Night along with this next lot….
- The Fall – Taking Off – Ersazt GB – from the new album and in the round at the Royal Exchange on Sunday….
- Atomic Rooster – The Devil’s Answer – Single – a blast from my youth
- Moon Duo – Causing A Rainbow – Horror Tour – latest ep from the masters of psyche
- Otalgia – Is That Squirrel Relevant? – Is That Squirrel Relevant? – great sounds from this limited edition release
- Moff Skellington – Lady of the Pegfolk People – Eddodi – an early album from the master of words
- Leon V featuring Julia Dowler – Latex and Lazers (AgvanT Remix) – Russia meets Stoke on Trent or our Julia goes all trancey
- LeeSun – Mickey Mouse – Prime – out soon – quirky
- Nils Frahm – Keep – Felt – nicely ambient
- Song of Return – Trajectory – Trajectory EP – new lot from Scottish land
- 16 Horsepower – Black Soul Choir – Sackcloth ‘n’ Ashes – had cause to listen to this lot again recently and forgot how good they were
- Dr Feelgood – Roxette – The UA Singles Collection – in celebration of SDs 50th birthday
- Kill Pretty – Babes in the Wood – Sonic Diary Session – a great band recorded exceedingly well by our SD – this and five other tracks available as a free download from our website…..
You can hear this show via the links below……
On this show
- Lydia Lunch and Big Sexy Noise – Devils Working Overtime – Trust the Witch – Lydia formed Big Sexy Noise in 2009 with James Johnston and Terry Edwards (both members of the band Gallon Drunk). This new album is a marked improvement on their debut eponymous EP.
- Otalgia – Juniper – Is that Squirrel Relevant? – from a limited edition freebie EP given away at the Unpeeled Gig in Preston last month. Features Ted Chippington – always a good thing. Thanks to Mike for getting this to me. And if you are wondering what Otalgia is – well it’s the medical name for earache.
- Invoke – Second Time Lucky – new single from the band from Gateshead.
- The Ettes – Red In Tooth and Claw – Do You Want Power – a little garage rock from the new album
- Super-Cannes – New York, London, Paris Tokyo – Idee Fixe – from Liverpool, came in through our “new and unsigned” page.
- The Room – Fly Away – this should really have been on the Salford Music Scene show but I was doing The Fall specials. They will be the support for Shanty Town’s farewell gig on November 12th at Moho Live.
- The Cheek of Her – 27 – Passionate Shit – The Cheek of Her writes quirky, Alternative, Pop/Rock with generally miserable lyrics and performs live with Musician friends and foes! Official website: http://www.thecheekofher.com/
- The Coke Authority – Malice – as played last week – a band with a lot of promise.
- Richie Barron and the three Soul Brothers – I’ ve Got News – Freeway Lover – from the new album.
- Sigur Ros – Hoppipolla – Inni – from the live album released this week.
- The Room – Not Enough
- Thee Oh Sees – Crack In Your Eye – Carrion Crawler/The Dream – the acceptable face of modern american music…….
- Super-Cannes – When People Die In Small Rooms
- This City of Takers – Winter Wheat – Felt – an Indie-Rock band from St. Louis playing Post-Punk music compared to such diverse artist as Sonic Youth, Cursive, and Spoon to name a few.
Listen via the link below