And here we are again with another Wednesday of music…..in through the ethergate in the last 24 hours music from
- Manna – sort of a sultry version of PJ Harvey, on one of the tracks she sings with Mark Laneghan – interesting stuff and bears repeated listening
- Pint Shot Riot – new single “Starting to Fly” not bad but very much of its ilk – once it gets going ’tis quite impressive in some areas.
- Torche – single off of the new album -which is on its way to me – noisy, loud guitars etc – v.good!
- The Imogen Styles – fascinating art pop duo with a strong image and a DIY approach to music/vids. Something quite captivating about what they do….but I doubt if I would play it….there you go
- Paul Weller – single called “That Dangerous Age” sounding somewhat like Ray Davies in parts – alright I suppose if you like that sort of thing….
- The Finest Hour – good stuff – new single called Janey/Feel The Same
And on this weeks show a variety of newer things with a prog classic of the week, Moff moment and Farley Kiwi fumble…most of the bands are on Facebook and you can look them up there……listen here….
|1||Disappears||Love Drug||Pre Language|
|3||The Explorers Collective||Nothing at All||Single|
|4||Et Tu Bruce||This City||Suburban Sunshine|
|5||Future Pilots||Take It All||Future Pilots EP|
|6||This Wicked Tongue||Ray Mears vs Bear Grylls||EP|
|7||The Coke Authority||Malice||Demo|
|8||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Emperor in His War Room||H to He Who Am The Only One|
|9||Safari||Are We Ready||Single|
|10||Comet Sands||This Too Shall Pass||Recordings and Live Demos|
|11||This Harbour Union||Little Mountain Town||This Harbour Union|
|12||Moff Skellington||Life on the orb of Pangaea||Pukes of A Hot Cloister|
|13||The Statler Project||Your Opinion My Opinion||Your Opinion My Opinion|