On this show
- Lydia Lunch and Big Sexy Noise – Devils Working Overtime – Trust the Witch – Lydia formed Big Sexy Noise in 2009 with James Johnston and Terry Edwards (both members of the band Gallon Drunk). This new album is a marked improvement on their debut eponymous EP.
- Otalgia – Juniper – Is that Squirrel Relevant? – from a limited edition freebie EP given away at the Unpeeled Gig in Preston last month. Features Ted Chippington – always a good thing. Thanks to Mike for getting this to me. And if you are wondering what Otalgia is – well it’s the medical name for earache.
- Invoke – Second Time Lucky – new single from the band from Gateshead.
- The Ettes – Red In Tooth and Claw – Do You Want Power – a little garage rock from the new album
- Super-Cannes – New York, London, Paris Tokyo – Idee Fixe – from Liverpool, came in through our “new and unsigned” page.
- The Room – Fly Away – this should really have been on the Salford Music Scene show but I was doing The Fall specials. They will be the support for Shanty Town’s farewell gig on November 12th at Moho Live.
- The Cheek of Her – 27 – Passionate Shit – The Cheek of Her writes quirky, Alternative, Pop/Rock with generally miserable lyrics and performs live with Musician friends and foes! Official website: http://www.thecheekofher.com/
- The Coke Authority – Malice – as played last week – a band with a lot of promise.
- Richie Barron and the three Soul Brothers – I’ ve Got News – Freeway Lover – from the new album.
- Sigur Ros – Hoppipolla – Inni – from the live album released this week.
- The Room – Not Enough
- Thee Oh Sees – Crack In Your Eye – Carrion Crawler/The Dream – the acceptable face of modern american music…….
- Super-Cannes – When People Die In Small Rooms
- This City of Takers – Winter Wheat – Felt – an Indie-Rock band from St. Louis playing Post-Punk music compared to such diverse artist as Sonic Youth, Cursive, and Spoon to name a few.
Listen via the link below