Stream the show from here
….and this is what I played
||Senseless (Radio Edit)
||Capo D Monty
||The Happy Fallen
||Anne Sellors Last Chance
||Hands On Another
||Naked (On Drugs)
||Blood In Blood Out
||Did You Really
||When The Bitch Knows Your Name
||We Didn’t Kill Anyone
||Idiot Joy Showland
Note the catchy new intro jingle thingy……by a certain band……
Anyway on tonights extravaganza
- The Asteria – You Look Good Tonight – Self released single – as discovered by Mr Thornborough and Mr Legge in their weekly focus on local talent. An exciting new band with a lot of potential – check them out on their website. They play Manchester Academy on April 15th.
- Well North of Watford – Run Deep – Demo Track – he plays the Willows on 27th, he’s been around the scene for a few years and this is his new solo project – check him out on My Space.
- Trojan Horse – Patricroft Way – Trojan Horse – from their debut album on Bandcamp which is a snip at £2. I doubt if they will be listening to the show as they are playing Academy 3 at the same time. You can catch them at Kraak Gallery on the 5th March. For the record there isn’t a road/street called Patricroft Way – the song is about the way people are in Patricroft (it’s in Eccles where the show is actually recorded!).
- The Fall – Petty (Thief Lout) – This Nation’s Saving Grace (Omnibus Edition) – indulgent behaviour by me in playing some Fall but MES is a Salford chap so he qualifies and I’ve always reckoned this was one of their better tunes. My increasingly out of date website on the gruppe is here – which reminds me I must spend some time updating it!
- The Fall – Cruisers Creek (Peel Session Version) – This Nation’s Saving Grace (Omnibus Edition) – as above and a nod towards those who feel that is one of the gruppes better albums, of not the best….don’t agree myself but this is another damn fine tune from the Fall canon.
- The Chanteuse and the Crippled Claw – Big Umbrella – Website download – Mister Adrian Flanagan is a Broughtonian who has been exorcised to Sheffield for over familiarity with small synthesizers. I happen to think he is a song writing genius as evidenced by this gorgeous duet with Candie Payne. More evidence of the man’s capabilities here.
- Stonestreet – One Dead Game – Single – they are from Latvia and they are residing in Salford at the moment.
- Missed You At the Show – Na Na Na – EP – a fine band currently being taught music and stuff at Salford University. I’ve played them before on the Aural Delights Show……My Space … they play Dry Bar on March 23rd and that thing at the Willows on March 27th
- The Souls – Supply and Demand – Demo Track – the immensely talented and rather wonderful Souls are coming to get you. Mr Thornborough had them on his show this monday and played this very track. Mind you you can’t have too much of a good thing. Read more here
- The Happy Fallen – Move On – Demo Track – Mr Neil James is a very prolific man and this is his latest recording.
- Twinkle and Co – Jock Tally – Demo Track – if Dusty Springfield and Noel Gallagher had a child it would be making music like this. The 60s meet the crazy Madchester sound in a riot of fun!Info here.
- Gnod/White HIlls – Per Sempre –Drop Out – the psychedelic warlords of the Manchester/Salford scene – a prolific collective which releases fine music – check out their back catalogue here.