Part One of two weeks worth of what I consider to be some of the best music to come out of Salford and Greater Manchester in the last year. So many good bands and singers had to be left out to fit everything in. Also new bands get an airing, a new track from Kin, and an exclusive radio mix of a track from the forthcoming AAAK with a special guest on vocals! But we start with some festive cheer from The Fall from 1978……
- The Fall – No Xmas for John Key – from the first Peel Session, a seasonal ditty from the gruppe…..
- Pacific – See What I See – from Northwich – out now on I-Tunes
- Younger Dryes – All The Questions – from Stockport – more of these in the new year
- Kin – Nervous Grins – new demos from the rather talented chanteuse
- AAAK – Into Stranger Times – an exclusive track from Ding and Paul for me for Crimb0 – features Kin and Howard from the Kin Band….
- Glassheads – Double Hard Bastard – from Wigan
- The Loaded Dice – Maniac – From Manchester via Wales – great album this year
- The Calimocho Club– Baby’s Got A Switchblade – from Whoa Whoa Hey Hey
- Rawcuss – John Travolta – one of the many singles this year
- Doctrines – Anglophobia – another great release this year
- Suzuki Method – Be Cruel Be Kind – the future is Suzuki Shaped
- Zap Zap Zap– Brick Windows – great tune
- Bare in the Woods – Bare Faced Liar – another one of those great tunes
- Sandells – Alien Intelligence – the psychedelic warlords
To listen to the show click this link