- The Hired Help – Perfect Society – Direct from the artist – Simon “Ding” Archer has been operating “The Hired Help” for a number of years – Ding started the project back in 2004 with Josh Klinghoffer and since then has collaborated with several other musicians, all of who, have at some point earned money as ‘hired help’. The tracks on the show, and in this instance, feature Tamsin A. The opener builds on the “classic” TV series “Logan’s Run” but goes somewhere else entirely. Magical stuff.
- Trojan Horse – Mr Engels Says – Trojan Horse – from the marvelous debut album which Tony Thornborough has been focusing of late. I was hoping to promo the Japanchester gigs that Nick from the band has been organizing on this show and on the following night’s Aural Delights but a combination of senility and other distractions means this sort of got kicked into touch. I reviewed the album some time back- this is the opening track which is rather fine indeed.
- Johann Kloos – Arndale – Direct from the artist – aka Ha Ha Said The Car – Johann plays guitar/keyboards in the excellent Sandells – he sent me a compilation of his work a few weeks back and I was very impressed by his material – he writes cinematic pieces as well as excellent songs – on tonight’s show a couple of his more ambient pieces.
- Flying Gypsy – Hailies Song – Direct from the artist – more music from the very talented John Lynam from Ordsall.
- Samir Harmim – Midnight – Quixotic – the exemplary balladeer with a great song – check him out on Bandcamp.
- The Rat Catchers – The Ballad of Billy Unsworth – Direct from the artist – the song is aimed to be released officially later in the year and be used to raise charitable resources for servicemen and ex-servicemen. More details will follow. A salutory tale of the horrors of war and of the heroism of the working class.
- The Hired Help – Feeling Graceless – Direct from the artist – as above.
- Well North of Watford – Stand Tall – Direct from the artist – another tune from a singer songwriter from Little Hulton.
- Ghost Outfit – I was good when I was young – Pre-release – will be released on Salford’s own Sways lable in due course – watch this duo they are going places!
- Johann Kloos – Market Street – Direct from the artist – as above.
- The Black Knights – Creep Night – Free Download – the strangely erotic and sartorially elegant masters of sleaze with a new song which is a free download from thier site.
- Gnod – A Very Special Request – Bored Fortress (split with Robedoor) – more psychedelic gorgeousness from the wonderful Gnod.
To listen to the show – click on the link below….