A slight departure from the norm for this edition of the show with a continuation of the preview of some of the acts playing at the various gigs in Salford this week – however there is also lots of new music to tittilate the ossicles, plus some classic tracks…listen here:
Notes in respect of the above
1. A sort of an intro to the following piece – from what I regard as their best release “Do the Square Thing” – they are playing Gulliver in Manc on May 8th.
2. Mr Hiatt of the aforementioned combo working with the ever busy Periscope – excellent and out now
3. Further promotion of said bands EP launch this Thursday at the Kings Arms
4. Playing at the Hope, Eccles Old Road, as part of Toska’s Salford Temptation – doubt if they will play this one but I like it…..
5. The aforementioned TW and well a bit of a theme tune for the weekend
6. The co-conspirator of 5. above from a forthcoming album this is the pre-mastered version – slightly edited by me for content
7/8/9 Three exclusives of the tracks that will be on sale on the Sunday at The Hope from this bunch of miscreants….from Chorley which has a lot of roundabouts
10. Classic post-punk from one of my favourite albums – a very inventive band who never quite got the recognition they deserved
11. They are back and with a bang – from a forthcoming EP I think – they also just been signed to Alcopop Records.
12. Featured this band last year – this is their recent single – most impressive – hopefully a local promoter will entice them down
13. The ever lovely Kill Pretty with a track from their excellent album (have I mentioned how good the cover is?) – playing Saturday at the Crescent as are….
14. Another band from Chorley (who share a singer with 7,8, and 9 – where do these musicians find the time to be in several bands at onece – I can’t keep up)
15. Mr Ding has been remixing the original AAAK releases and has made them available free of charge from their website – a classic piece early piece of Buildingscape Beats
16. This American gentleman caught my attention recently – impressed by his approach – this is the B Side to this recent single