On this weeks show – which you can listen to here :
||They Won’t Get It
||Roll With Me
||Voice of Addiction
||Reduce, Reuse, Resist
||Hamish and Chips
||Mummy Short Arms
||Searching for a Body
||Old Jack’s Windowless Playhouse
||The Vanity Project
||What Really Matters
||Time Stands Still
||Kick Out The Chairs
||The Mimics Call Back
||A Lowtides Rising
||Wardrobe and Photograph
||Pukes of A Hot Cloister
||Band of Skulls
So,well and here we are again……a trundle through the music scene around and about the Salford and Greater Manchester area……
On this show……
- The Happy Fallen – Sold Gaze – Neal James continues to supply us with a raft of great tunes – this finds him on a motorik tip…..
- The Vanity Project – Structure of An Atom – a three piece from East Lancs who started earlier this year. Haunting and memorable acoustic music which makes a welcome change from the music purported to be nu-folk.
- Danny Short – Your Kingdom – Another track from our free download “Every Now & Then” which you can get here. Here Dan demonstrates his skill with melody on a beautiful song with one of those choruses that sticks in your head.
- The Loaded Dice – Hollow Man – from the new album “Hindsight of a brand new soul – Halo of Fire Flies” which is out on November 5th. Based in Manchester but originally from Dolgellau. Powerful and melodic, energetic and careful not to adopt the usual rock tropes, this band have produced five albums to date and have another in the pipeline.
- Shoshin – City of Patience – the title track from an album which has had pretty extensive play on this show – a band you need to catch soon as they are very good indeed.
- The Vanity Project – We Will Rise
- Kill for Company – Mind Over Mouth – another track from the very productive and dynamic duo……the fifth track on the “Money Now EP” – lots more of there stuff here
- Veladrome – Violent Deer – new track from Tom and Lisa which is rather fine indeed, atmospheric and ambient and building into something rather marvellous – catch them at Alter Ego in Manc this Saturday (22nd October).
- Danny Short – Unknown, Alone
- Well North of Watford – Make Sense of Loneliness – as featured previously in acoustic version this artist from Little Hulton has been in studio ….
- The Loaded Dice – Maniac
- Martin Bramah – When Sleep Won’t Come – Martin did a solo session for me last year as part of the Reformation show and I thought i’d have a listen to it again and I liked it so much I thought I would play a track from it again – this song is also on the “Enter Castle Perilous” album of which…..
- Factory Star – Fall of GB – there will be some discussions about album of the year amongst the SCR DJ Alliance about album of the year but I think this one will be getting a fair few votes as the front runner. A christmas single “Lucybel” will be out soon
- The Fall – Rebellious Jukebox – a classic from the first Fall album completing a trio of Bramah related tunes to conclude the show…..
To listen to the show click on the link below……