This time around it’s mostly new music which has been sent in to me…..I encourage you to check these bands out they are all rather good…….and i’ve got off my backside and done some notes this time…..
You can stream the show here…
|1||Sinister Chuckles||Master of the Atom||Demo|
|2||The Jacobs||Waifs and Strays||Single|
|4||The Suns||Last of the Lonely Hearts||Single|
|5||Moff Skellington||Picture a Pavilion||Eddodi|
|6||Moff Skellington||The Bearing Down of Juggernauts||Eddodi|
|8||White Rose||Talking to a Timebomb||Fanimal|
|9||The Apparrells||Change the Way You Are||Demo|
|10||Skeleton Suite||Nothing Better than the English Weather||Demo|
|11||Not By Design||Lesser Limits||Come Together/Live Forever|
|12||Epsilon One||Spirals||Spirals EP|
|13||Butterflies on Strings||Burning Slowly||A Boy Named Crow|
|14||At Dawn We Are Kings||Healing||Demo|
|15||Van Der Graaf Generator||The Sphinx in the Face||The Box|
- Mr Ali Bongo keeps turning out the tunes at the Sad Row recording studio. I was particular taken with the early 60s sci-fi references on this one.
- Unsigned, just about to record their debut EP, they have done a UK tour and string of festivals and London gigs.
- As featured last week I am pretty damn impressed by this trio of teens from St Helens – I’ve been asked would it be possible to plug a gig they’re playing at the Cavern Club in Liverpool this coming Sunday. They’re playing an under 18’s showcase there. Cash, the vocalist and guitarist apparently is really chuffed as he’s a big Beatles fan.
- As Tony T said the other night the best band to come out of Chester – ever, unless you count Michael Owen and the Dodgy Knees. The new single further cements their reputation as a band of quality.
- A new album is in the offing – here is a couple of tracks from the first album by the mighty Moff.
- as above
- An acoustic collective from Manchester….they hope to make new fans and friends and start releasing EPs late this/early next year. They say they are going for a romantic, acoustic sound and are big fans of Nick Drake, Jacques Brel and Scott Walker. They have played Night and Day, Band On The Wall and most recently supported Chris Helme and Blind Atlas at Sacred Trinity Church in Salford.
- From Darlington and from their EP Fanimal…..they describe themselves as Indie Rock with a Northern Soul…..
- Quite excited about this lot – a four piece from Glasgow – reminded me of The Distractions/Go-Betweens – I threw them a curve ball by picking this song – I will be featuring them again. Highly recommended.
- A mysterious lot whose Facebook page reveals not a jot of info about their background, purpose or manifesto- though apparently they like listening to Zac Peach on SCR – the release is entitled – § – indeed …..it’s a symbol for a Section….
- From Birmingham – and again not much of a bio on Facebook but there appears to be five of them in the picture….
- Epsilon One – Monty got ahead of me by featuring this lot last night – New release from DOGS GOT A BONE RECORDS (based around an internet radio station) Spirals EP by Epsilon One is out on September 17th 2012. Self formed in 2011; ‘Epsilon One’ is a solo Lo-Fi indie project from Leith, Edinburgh. Recording mostly on a ‘tonic’ stained 8 track, ‘Epsilon One’ mix dirty pulsing bass and mellow vocals with the sounds of broken synths and a guitar line or four, and all in the tradition of the Lo-Fi Alternative.
- On 7th September 2012, Butterflies On Strings released their self-produced studio EP ‘A Boy Named Crow’ on The Kaleidoscope Label.
- As featured last week – and who went down a proverbial storm with the foul mouthed ingrates that chat with me on Facebook……
- Classic mid-period Graaf with the chap from String Driven Thing (Graham Smith) on violin – Nadir-esque rocking from PJAH and his motley band…..Hammill, Smith, Potter and Evans – a good line-up of the band.